Uni pay 1/3 rd Card review | Uni pay 1/3 rd Card Eligibility | Uni pay 1/3 rd Card Apply online | Uni card
Are you searching to get a credit card but ended up not getting one? Don’t worry, I am going to introduce you to an amazing BNPL (Buy now pay later) card. Pay later card seems similar to a credit card on the basis of usage, but the concept is actually different from a credit card. The amazing card I am going to discuss is “Uni Pay 1/3rd card”.
In this article, you will get a brief overview of the Uni Pay 1/3 rd card, its features, pros & cons, and how to apply Uni pay 1/3rd card.
Table of Contents
What is Uni Pay 1/3 rd card?
“Uni Pay 1/3” card is a pay later card. This card brings a new concept to the credit world. It is different from a traditional credit card.
This card is launched by Uniorbit Technologies with the partnership of RBL Bank, SBM bank, and Equiloans.
Uni Pay 1/3rd card allows you to pay your bill in three equal parts. Imagine you have a temporary shortage of money. No need to go to friends and ask for money. This card will solve the short-term liquidity issue. Shop with Uni Pay 1/3rd card and pay your bill in three equal parts in 3 consecutive months. The amazing part is you don’t have to pay any interest or extra charges. It’s totally free.
How does Uni Pay 1/3 card work?
If you are wondering how to pay in three equal parts and actually how it works, then let’s understand it with 2 examples.
Example 1: You go to the market and shop for Rs. 3000. Then you will get 2 options to repay the bill. First one is to pay the full bill i.e. Rs. 3000 in the 1st month and the second option is to split the bill into three equal parts. By choosing the second option you have to repay your bill Rs. 1000 in 1st month, Rs 1000 in 2nd month, and Rs 1000 in 3rd month. Although no extra fee is charged for repaying in three months, 1% cashback will be given for paying upfront (repaying the total bill in 1 month).
Example 2: Suppose you go to market and shop for Rs. 3000. In the same billing month, you spend another Rs. 6000 for buying a gadget and Rs 1500 on tuition fees.
You can opt your any transaction as 1/3 splitting or can opt for any transaction for upfront payment. Let’s understand this by the following table.
Month 1 Bill
|Date||Repayment option||Expenditure||Cashback||Bill (1st month)|
|02.05.2022||Pay 1/3||Rs. 3000||Rs. 0||Rs. 1000|
|05.05.2022||Pay 1/3||Rs. 6000||Rs. 0||Rs. 2000|
|07.05.2022||Pay in full||Rs. 1500||Rs. 15||Rs. 1485|
|Total bill = Rs. 4485|
Month 2 Bill
Rs. 1000 + Rs. 2000 = Rs. 3000
Month 3 Bill
Rs. 1000 + Rs. 2000 = Rs. 3000
Also Check Out:  How To Remove Credit Card From CRED?
Also Check Out: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
Pros & Cons of Uni Pay 1/3 card
- There is no joining fee, no annual fee. But remember this free offer is only for early customers. Later it may be changed.
- Uni Pay 1/3rd card is powered by Visa. So this card is accepted by 99.9% of the merchants.
- The bill is split into three equal parts without any extra charges. So there are 90 days of free repayment period.
- 1% cashback on paying full payment in the first month.
- It’s not a credit card. It’s a credit line card.
- It provides you credit line as a personal loan and a consumer loan. So it isn’t good for cibil score.
- Penalty charges will be applied in case of delay in repayment. This charge applies to almost every credit card.
Coming Soon Features
- Pay with longer EMI options. i.e. 6, 9, 12, and 18 months EMI.
- Scan & Pay features.
Uni Pay 1/3 rd card Eligibility
- You should be at least 18 years old.
- Uni pay card is in the early stage, so this card is not available for all the pin codes. Gradually it will cover all over India. But for now, you are eligible only if Uni pay service is available at your location.
How To Apply for Uni Pay 1/3rd card [Step by Step]
Applying Uni Pay 1/3 card and getting one is very easy and less time-consuming. You can apply by using three simple steps.
Before these steps install the Uni Cards app from play store.
For Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cards.uni.app.credit
Input your mobile number and click on verify. Enter OTP (received on your mobile number) to start.
Step 1: Check Eligibility
- Tap on “Start Eligibility Check“.
- Enter your “Email id” & “Card delivery Pincode“.
- Type your PAN, Name, and DOB. The name and DOB should be the same as per PAN card.
- Choose your gender and click on Continue.
- Tick your marital status and Employment type.
- Your credit score will be checked and your estimated credit limit will be shown up on the screen. For more good credit score, more credit limits will be offered.
Step 2: Complete KYC
- If you are eligible for Uni card, tap on “start KYC for 1/3“.
- Enter your Aadhar number and Captcha (Given).
- Click on next (arrow). Enter OTP sent to your Aadhar-linked mobile number.
- Set a 4-digit password to secure your Aadhar data.
- Enter your Father’s name and proceed.
- Your Aadhar details will be shown up on the screen. Verify and confirm it.
- Take a Selfie.
Step 3: Get Card
- In this step, you have to provide your card delivery address. Click on Enter address.
- You may either choose your address given in Aadhar details or enter a new Address.
- Accept terms & conditions and click on Submit KYC.
- After a while, your application will be approved and credit limit will be given.
- Again accept the terms & conditions and verify with OTP.
- After entering OTP your digital Uni pay 1/3 card will be provided instantly.
- Your physical Uni pay card will be delivered to your address within 5-7 days.
- You can track your physical card by clicking on Track status.
To unlock your digital Uni pay card tap on Edit Payment option. Give permission to online and offline transactions and choose your limit. Click on Show card number to know your card details.
Although Uni Pay 1/3 card works like a credit card, it is not a credit card. Uni pay 1/3 card is a BNPL (Buy now pay later) card. If you are failed to get a credit card, then Uni card is the best option for you. This card has more advantages than traditional credit cards, i.e no processing fee, no interest fee within 90 days, no minimum bill amount and the most exciting is this card is totally free. Inspite of such advantages, my suggestion would be to avoid getting Uni pay card, if you are already having credit card.
How to contact Customer care of Uni Pay card?
You can reach Uni Pay over email at [email protected] or Chat on WhatsApp at +91 88677 04440.
Are there any hidden charges on Uni Pay 1/3 rs card?
There are no hidden charges. There is a 100% money-back guarantee if any charge or fee is applied without your knowledge.