India is an agricultural country. Still, in 2022 the only income source of most of the villagers is agriculture. In India the biggest irony is Farmers grow food for all but they sleep hungry. Some farmers take their own life due to the pressure of exorbitant debt. To save and help our farmers, Govt. of India has launched the Kisan Credit card (KCC). To know details about Kisan Credit Card read this blog carefully without skipping anything.
In this post, you will get to know What is Kisan Credit card? How to apply for Kisan Credit Card in 2022? What are the benefits of Kisan Credit Card? Who are eligible for Kisan Credit Card?
Table of Contents
What is Kisan credit card?
Kisan Credit card was introduced by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) in August 1998. As the name suggests “Kisan Credit Card” is only issued for “Kisan i.e., Farmers”. Farmers are not only related to the agriculture sector but also animal husbandry and fisheries sectors also.
Farmers are borrowing money with a high-interest rate from unorganized Moneylenders to meet their expenses for cropping, purchasing equipment, maintaining land, etc. To save our farmers from this exorbitant debt Kisan Credit Card is launched.
The aim of the “Kisan Credit card” is to provide term loans or credit limits for farmers in agriculture, animal husbandry, dairy, and fisheries sectors at a lower interest rate.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme
Under “Kisan Credit Card Scheme” farmers can avail loans when they need it. Before availing of this scheme, one should aware of its features, benefits, credit amount, repayment tenure, how to apply, etc.
Features of Kisan Credit Card
- The main objective of Kisan Credit Card Scheme is to help our farmers financially on time for farming.
- Under this scheme Govt. of India provides a better loan to farmers with a lower rate of interest and offers flexible repayment tenure.
- Not only loan facilities, farmers can insure their crop also. If crop will be dstroyed due to heavy rain, flood, or any calamity, then the farmers can take benefits of the crop insurance.
- Under this scheme the rate of interest of the loan is 7% per annum. For paying on due time, farmers get subsidy of 3%. So the interest rate is approximately 4% per annum. However, the rate of interest varries from 2% to 4% depending on the sector like, agricuture, animal husbandry,fisheries.
- Farmers can get a collateral free loan amount upto Rs. 1.6 lakh. Collateral means farmers do not have to provide any securities for getting loan.
- The maximum loan amount can be sanctioned is Rs.3 lakh. But above Rs. 1.6 lakh, the facilities of free collateral will be withdrawn.
Kisan credit card benefits
A bitter truth is that Farmers are suffering financially. Agriculture depends on nature. Farmers cultivate as per season, so there should be a perfect time for cultivation. Delay or early in this job will lead to huge loss only.
But to cultivate on time farmers suffer lack of money. It might be for buying seed and fertilizer, maintaining the equipment, land, cropping the harvest, paying the manpower.
To fulfill these requirements farmers borrow from moneylenders, who take huge interest. Sometimes for bad harvesting, they may not able to repay timely. Most of the farmers live with stress, sadness for their whole life. But Kisan credit card is truly a blessing for farmers. Let’s read the best benefits of the Kisan credit card.
- A saving bank account and debit card along with the kisan credit card will be issued to the KCC holder.
- The repayment period will be decided as per farmer’s harvesting season.
- Kisan credit card scheme not only provides financial support, but it also provides free insurance coverage for Kisan credit cardholders. Under this scheme, the KCC holders are insured of Rs. 50000 for permanent disability or death. For any other case, such as an accident or partial disability, Rs 25000 will be given to the beneficiary.
Who are Eligibile for Kissan Credit Card 2022
The farmers might be individual farmers, tenant farmers, sharecroppers, SHGs (self-help group), JLGs (Joint Liability Group) of sharecroppers, and tenant farmers.
Farmers related to both farming and nonfarming are eligible. This includes Agriculture, Animal husbandry, Fisheries, Dairy farmers, Poultry Farmers, etc.
The minimum age of farmers should be 18 years and the maximum age should be 75 years. But farmers above 60 years old need a co-borrower to apply for a Kisan credit card.
PM-Kisan beneficiaries are also eligible for this card.
Documents required for Kisan Credit Card 2022
To apply for Kisan credit card 2022, keep ready the following documents. Mostly you will need documents for your identity proof, address proof, and Land proof.
For proof of identity, any one of the following documents is needed.
- Pan Card
- Adhar card
- Voters card
- Driving Licence
- Any photo ID issued by government of India
For proof of Address, keep ready any one of the following documents.
- Adhar card
- Utility bill (Electricity/water/phone bill not more than 3 months)
Besides these documents, the applicant should submit, the documents for land and crop details, one passport size photograph.
How to Apply for Kisan Credit Card in 2022
Farmers can apply for Kissan credit card by both online and offline.
- Govt bank (SBI), public banks, private banks, and Gramin banks are providing Kisan credit cards. Select your prefered bank and go the official site of that bank.
- Go to the menu and select KCC from the menus.
- Click on apply and fillup the form correctly, then submit.
- You will get an application reference number. So save it for future references.
Not all banks provide online application for KCC. So follow the offline method also.
Visit your nearest bank. Collect the KCC form. Ask your query to the bank representative. Fill up the KCC form and submit with required documents.
You can get the KCC form pdf from here also. We have given the “How to fill up KCC form” guide below.
Kisan credit card application form pdf
If you are one of the beneficiaries of PM- Kisan, then download the Kisan credit card application form pdf here directly.
How to fillup Kisan Credit Card Application Form
Download the KCC form and check properly. Follow the given steps and fill up correctly.
Always apply in that bank, in which your PM-Kisan beneficiary account is held. In the first line, there are two options. 1. Name of the bank, and 2. Branch. Here write the bank and branch of the bank.
A : For office use
Keep it blank. This table will be filled up by the bank representatives.
B : Type of KCC/ Amount of loan required
There are three sections in this table. 1. Issue of fresh KCC, 2. Enhancement of existing limit, 3. Activation of inoperative KCC account. If you are applying KCC for the first time, then tick on the “Issue of fresh KCC“.
If you want a collateral-free loan, then fill up any amount below Rs. 1.6 lakh in the “Amount of loan required” section.
C : Particulars of the application
Name of the Applicant: Write your name here.
Account No (PM Kisan Beneficiary): Write the bank account number in which, you get Rs. 6000 yearly from PM Kisan.
PMSBY & PMJJBY: In PMSBY (Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna), insurance of Rs. 2 Lakh will be covered only with an annual premium of Rs. 12. In PMJJBY (Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna), insurance of Rs. 2 Lakh will be covered only with an annual premium of Rs. 330. If you want to cover life insurance opt for any one of these two Yojna. The premium amount will be auto-debited from your KCC account. This premium amount is very low, So we suggest you to tick at least one of them.
D: Details of existing loan, if any
If you have any loan before, which is currently running then give the details about the loan such as Bank Name, branch name, outstanding loan amount, and overdue amount. If you have no loan, blank this column.
E. Particulars of landholdings of the applicant and crops
Fill up your village name, Khasra number of land. If the land is yours, then tick on owned. Write Dhan as Kharif Crops and Wheat as Ravi Crops.
F. KCC to Fisheries and Animal Husbandry Farmers
This section is for fisheries and animal husbandry farmers. If you are applying KCC for these, then give the details such as village name, number of productive animals.
G. Security proposed to be offered
You don’t have to fill up this section.
Read carefully the declaration. Then sign it.
After filling up the form, submit it in the bank with respective documents.
If you have any queries on Kisan credit card, comment below.